battery life with QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 24 05:48:46 CEST 2011

On Thursday 23 June 2011 20:46:10 Noel wrote:

> This is with default settings, which are very dangerous: in power
> management, when not plugged, the policy for 'dim light' is off, for
> 'display off' is off and for 'suspend' is off. This means that any
> unnoticed sms or missed call will keep the screen on. I can change
> these settings, but it bothers me that any event will unlock the
> screen, the neo can make phone calls in my pocket or the touchscreen
> will stay active while walking with no chance to autosuspend.

If you lock the screen it should always suspend after 20s. I am using QtMoko
with default values and i has worked quite nice so far and on the other hand i
am not bothered with screen dimming e.g. when reading or playing chess.

It's quite hard/impossible to set defaults so that everyone is happy. But any
suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Radek