[QtMoko] Package creation

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 24 19:41:42 CEST 2011

On Friday 24 June 2011 12:31:08 Giacomo 'giotti' Mariani wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>         I've recently managed to build my first, useless, package for
> QtMoko [1] in .qpk format [2].
> The problem is that I'm not able to install it :-(
> How can I transform it in a deb one (or install it as it is)?

Hi,
it's quite easy, just copy "debian" folder from some existing package, e.g.

	https://github.com/radekp/qgcide/tree/master/debian

and adapt it to your project. Then just do

	dpkg-buildpackage

If you were using cross compiler it will have wrong architecture (x86), but
you can use dpkg with force flag on FR to install it.

If you want to have correct ARM build you need qtmoko sources compiled on ARM
- i am doing it in qemu. I can do this for you when your app is ready, if you
dont want to bother with qemu installation.

Regards

Radek