Freerunner won't charge

Ronald Tallent ron at tallent.ws
Wed Jun 29 10:29:48 CEST 2011

Help! I made a USB gender changer per the instructions here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Specialized_USB_cables#How_to_make_a_type_A_jack_to_a_type_A_jack_adapter_.28gender_changer.29 and it tested okay with a multimeter, then I tested it with a USB keyboard and it worked as expected, then I plugged in a small multi-card reader with a microSD card in it, and since then my Freerunner will not charge via any method. It still works perfectly in device mode, and even host mode (providing power to external devices even), but it won't charge from a laptop via USB cable or from the wall AC adapter.

Is there any way I can fix this thing? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

--Ron