[qtmoko33] wifi wpa2-psk issue (was: qtmoko v33)

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Tue Mar 8 22:29:22 CET 2011

2011-03-05 at 17:14 Alfa21

> 2011-03-05 at 12:42 Radek Polak
>
> > > * unable to connect wifi wpa2-psk
> >
> > Was is working in some older versions? It can be bug either in
> > wpa_supplicatant or in qmoko wifi plugin that creates configuration for
> > wpa_supplicant. Does it work when you setup wpa_supplicant from command line?
> > I am trying to connect WPA2-psk here and it does not work too :(
>
> previously I had v31 and it was ok, but only on the first attempt and then I needed to reboot
> (rebooted also because wifi didn't stop and battery drain empty in few hours)
> the blue led in v31 did never turn on while connected.
> before v31 it was all ok... IIRC

hi,
I tried to manually configure the wifi link:
as you can read below, seems to be something different with the wpa driver in v33...

Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant/test.conf' driver 'default' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant/test.conf' -> '/etc/wpa_supplicant/test.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant/test.conf'
ctrl_interface='/var/lib/wpa_supplicant'
ctrl_interface_group='0'
eapol_version=1
fast_reauth=1
ap_scan=1
Priority group 0
   id=0 ssid='A21_net'
Initializing interface (2) 'eth0'
Interface eth0 set UP - waiting a second for the driver to complete initialization
SIOCGIWRANGE: WE(compiled)=22 WE(source)=13 enc_capa=0x0
  capabilities: key_mgmt 0x0 enc 0x3 flags 0x0
ioctl[SIOCSIWESSID]: Invalid argument
WEXT: Operstate: linkmode=1, operstate=5
Own MAC address: 00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
wpa_driver_wext_set_wpa
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=0 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT, trying SIOCSIWENCODE
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=1 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT, trying SIOCSIWENCODE
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=2 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT, trying SIOCSIWENCODE
wpa_driver_wext_set_key: alg=0 key_idx=3 set_tx=0 seq_len=0 key_len=0
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
Driver did not support SIOCSIWENCODEEXT, trying SIOCSIWENCODE
wpa_driver_wext_set_countermeasures
wpa_driver_wext_set_drop_unencrypted
RSN: flushing PMKID list in the driver
Setting scan request: 0 sec 100000 usec

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.