QtMoko and FSO

Linus Gasser list at markas-al-nour.org
Thu Mar 17 09:44:03 CET 2011

Le 09.03.11 20:48, Gennady Kupava a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I hope there is still some chances that Radek will change his dicision.
>
>  From my point of view where is no real need in FSO/qt gibrid, because of
> following reasons:
> 3.5 improve performance and usability
> 3.6 implement new features, like: 'geek' theme, sliding buttons in
> answer screen

my favorites:

3.7 make SMS working - I still have to reboot the phone a couple of
times to get all SMS
3.8 make changes in audio-path automatic, not having to go through
Neotools (well, nice than editing the alsa-files)
3.9 fix three alarm-bugs:
- invisible button for discarding the alarm
- pressing the invisible button at the wrong time keeps the buzzer going
(well, helps you to wake up in the morning)
- the alarm-bell doesn't ring if the phone was turned off

The changes done in v32 are still not really "digested", I think. I see
the challenge of moving to FSO, from a programmer's point of view, as
very, well, challenging, and thus nice. But, from a user's point of
view, what are the advantages?

And I think you know the famous 80/20-saying: 80% of the changes take
20% of the time. The remaining 20% of the changes (bugfixing) take
another 80% of the time ;)

Just a question, Radek: you're doing QTmoko in your spare time? Or
you're being paid for doing that?

Keep hacking,

Linus