Switching from SHR to QtMoko?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Mar 23 13:38:47 CET 2011

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 12:43:31 Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I consider switching from SHR to QtMoko (Neo FreeRunner)
> because the latter
> distribution seems to be better maintained and might
> be a better path if one considers buying a GTA04 later on.
> Please correct me if I am wrong ...

Right now SHR has support for more devices because it uses FSO framework. I am
not sure if there is anyone who can implement GTA04 modem for qtopiacomm, but
if we can make qtmoko use FSO (i am right now working on it) we should have
same quality support in SHR and QtMoko.

> If I want to switch to QtMoko, the installation guide
> on http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/QtMoko seems to be out-of-date
> because it talks about .jffs2 files (qtmoko-debian-v24.jffs2)
> which are not distributed for v33.
> Which is a more up-to-date installation guide?

Very brief installation guide is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/

Regards

Radek