QtMoko freezes with Dial screen

Dmitry S. Makovey dimon at makovey.net
Sun May 1 19:57:59 CEST 2011

Hi everybody,

I have installed QtMoko 3.5 recently on my FreeRunner and I keep bumping
into dialer screen that pops out seemingly out of nowhere without any
ability to cancel it. Aux button sometimes helps but I can only get to
apps from Favorites and "history" but not the rest.

Home screen refuses to react to any touch events as well.

Currently SIM card in that phone is some old T-Mobile SIM just to have
something in that slot. Removing SIM didn't help so far either.

How do I get around that dial screen (or is it "lock display
screen????") I would love to disable all dialing functionality
alltogether as I use it as PDA.