QtMoko freezes with Dial screen

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon May 2 09:19:34 CEST 2011

On Sunday 01 May 2011 19:57:59 Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have installed QtMoko 3.5 recently on my FreeRunner and I keep bumping
> into dialer screen that pops out seemingly out of nowhere without any
> ability to cancel it. Aux button sometimes helps but I can only get to
> apps from Favorites and "history" but not the rest.

This indicates something wrong with your modem - i dont know what it exactly
is. I saw i several times, but reboot always fixed it in the end.

You could get more info what is going on if you ssh to your phone and do:

/etc/init.d/qtmoko stop
source /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
qpe

> Home screen refuses to react to any touch events as well.
>
> Currently SIM card in that phone is some old T-Mobile SIM just to have
> something in that slot. Removing SIM didn't help so far either.
>
> How do I get around that dial screen (or is it "lock display
> screen????") I would love to disable all dialing functionality
> alltogether as I use it as PDA.

If you dont need modem, you can try to edit /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env and set:

QTOPIA_PHONE_VENDOR=dummy

Regards

Radek