Aurora

Neil Jerram neiljerram at gmail.com
Sat May 21 00:35:21 CEST 2011

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your explanations of Aurora.  I think I understand
now, at least as regards what you are trying to do, and why.  I have
just one further comment below.

On 17 May 2011 06:57, Simon Busch <morphis at gravedo.de> wrote:

> Aurora is not about fragmentation. Zhone was already there before SHR
> and Aurora will continue Zhone. We will take aurora as our new reference
> application as it is quite simple and let us integrate new features very
> fast.

One question, then, is how will Aurora be different from Zhone?
Having worked a bit with Zhone myself, I'd say that

- on the one hand, its code seems pretty accessible and easy to experiment with

- but on the other hand, it feels relatively hard to add completely
new features into the UI (possibly because of my own familiarity with
the Edje/embryo stuff).

Is that roughly your feeling too?  If it is, how will you make Aurora better?

Regards,
           Neil