Neo FreeRunner rework party and Openmobility conference 2011 (Czech Republic)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat May 21 11:04:09 CEST 2011

Hi Martix,
what a pity that I don't speak or understand Czech/Slovak language...

Am 21.05.2011 um 10:38 schrieb Martix:

> Report from the last year's Openmobility conference is on the SHR
> blog: http://blog.shr-project.org/2010/04/shr-project-gets-a-successful-presentation-at-openmobility-conference.html
> And photos: http://pcmlich.fit.vutbr.cz/fotky-openmobility/
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Martin "Martix" Holec
> openmobility.cz/openmoko.cz
>

> 2011/5/19 Martix <martix.cz at gmail.com>:
>> Hello community,
>>
>> Firstly, I like to invite you (especially Czech and Slovak guys) to
>> Openmobility conference 2011, which will be held on Saturday 18th June
>> 2011 in Brno on FI MUNI. You can look forward to many talks and
>> workshops (in Czech/Slovak language) about open mobile platforms and
>> open source hardware.
>> organizators: people from Czech Openmoko community (Openmobility o.s.)
>> attending platforms: MeeGo/Maemo, webOS, Android...
>> attending devices: Nokia N900, Neo FreeRunner, Touch Book, Genesi
>> Efika, Panda Board, STAX, Arduino…feel free to bring yours!

I hope that we have the first GTA04-EA units shipped by that time and I know that
two early adopters come from Czech republic.

>> More informations and program here:
>> http://www.openmobility.cz/konference/openmobility-konference-2011/
>>

>> Secondly, we are going to setup Neo FreeRunner rework party again and
>> fix your Neo FreeRunner's favourite hardware bugs! This rework party
>> will be day after Openmobility conference on Sunday 19th June 2011 in
>> Brno on FIT VUT room L220.
>> GSM buzz fix: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Buzz_Fix
>> GSM recamping fix: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/1024
>> Headphones bass fix: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_bass_fix
>>
>> NEW reworks:
>> RTC backup battery replace by supercapacitor:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/GTA02_RTC_backup_battery
>> Navigation Board v3 with 3D gyroscope, 3D magnetometer, air
>> pressure/temperature sensor and other parts:
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner_Navigation_Board_v3
>> We will order Navigation Boards from Golden Delicious Computers:
>> http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Navigation%20Board

Please let me know as soon as possible so that we can produce enough.
Production starts next week.

>> Registrations for FR rework party: http://www.doodle.com/4uhndmddtuvepkbz
>> Please choose your rework before 22th May (this Sunday!) we need to
>> order parts in time.
>>

>> We are looking forward to meeting you.

I wish a great success!

Nikolaus

BTW: there are plans for a new "Open Hard&Software Workshop" in Germany
(German language) this summer/fall. Please register to the mailing list if you
want to participate in planning and attending: