[QtMoko] USB charging (and network) from Windows 7

Alfa21 freerunner at my.is.it
Wed May 25 20:09:15 CEST 2011

2011-05-25 at 00:05 Paul Fertser
> Alfa21 <freerunner at my.is.it> writes:
> > 2011-05-24 at 14:15 Xavier Cremaschi
> >> Thanks for the hint. As soon as I will be able to log through ssh I will
> >> try to find a way to make it work (86ma is probably not enough to start
> >> WiFi)
> >
> > ah! keep in mind: if you enable wifi at least once in any boot
> > cycle, your moko will drain more current than usual, also if you
> > disconnect wifi and put the phone to sleep.
>
> Are you really sure? Because i'm not aware of any bugs in this
> area. Please clarify.

here on my v34 the issue is 100% repeatable... I thought it was a known one, isn't it?
sometimes I use wifi to check emails before going to sleep and can happens I forget to reboot my gta02, so the following morning I find my battery almost empty or phone in power-off state (it shuts down itself when the charge is under certain level)

(IIRC there is nothing in the v35 changelog about this topic)

--
ALFA21 IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.