power drain after wifi connection

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu May 26 13:19:26 CEST 2011

On Thursday 26 May 2011 13:01:05 Alfa21-mobile wrote:

> and are executables... but I do not know neither if they are called
> after a wifi disconnection, nor if after an unbind/bind cycle the
> power consumption during stdby returns to the same state like after a
> reboot (now I'm testing this one)

I am quite sure they are not called after disconnect. I think that the kernel
is responsible to turn wifi off in suspend (unless you want to keep it on during
suspend e.g. for wake-on-wlan function).

So if there is high current in suspend it is probably kernel related problem.
Unbinding the adapter seems to me quite ugly workaround.

I would like to check it myself, but i am right now in the middle of too many
things.

Regards

Radek