[Gta04-owner] Clarification

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 18:32:52 CET 2011

On Tuesday 08 November 2011, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 November 2011 13:00:41 Antonio Murdaca wrote:
> > So, it's a dream to have a full GTA04 with case,battery,screen etc etc in
> > a real near future? :( I mean, i have to buy a GTA01/02 and do the stuff
> > to replace the mothherboard to have a GTA04
>
> I bought GTA04 board + LCD display and battery and made myself wooden case
> [1]. I can use it now as PDA.
>
> To use it as a phone i need GPS & GSM antenna and speakers IIRC. It would
> be nice to have possibility to buy also these missing components.

If it's using widely used connectors (HFL/uFL probably) you can get gps and
multi-band gsm antennae quite easily in various shapes and sizes, so you
should be able to find one to fit your case. Finding a suitable speaker for
your case shouldn't be much harder. When they start producing their own case I
imagine it will have matching parts supplied, but they might not be as good
for your case as the alternatives.