navit / making announcement not execute a command line call as well

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Sun Nov 13 20:50:22 CET 2011

Hi Robin,

I have something like this in my navit.xml:
<speech type="cmdline" data="/home/navit/scripts/say_it.sh '%s'"/>

and /home/navit/scripts/say_it.sh is a script  that does some post
processing for speech,
but you can make it do anything i guess.
The %s is passed on to the script as command line parameters, so you
could first handle
$* in the script and then dim/brighten the screen.

Kind regards,
Ed