Announcement: new batches of GTA04 ready for (pre)order

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Nov 17 10:05:31 CET 2011

Hi Adrien,

Am 17.11.2011 um 09:50 schrieb Adrien Dorsaz:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your announcement Nikolaus, it's really great !
>
> I've just a little question more : I know that I can't buy a GTA04
> before autumn 2012, have you planed to make other batches later ? Or

Yes, we plan to continue production as long as there is demand and
we can get the components (which are selected to be available for a
while or are easily replaced).

> even to have some partners who will sell your mother board at every
> moment ?

We will produce some immediately (at higher cost) to keep them
available every time. This is the "From Stock" variant. The first boards
are expected to be produced before end of this year.

> I don't know if it's possible to have so partnership because it's only a
> mother board and not a complete phone...

It is not an issue of having a partner to run the production, it is
more a problem of financing the stock before selling and defining
reasonably big batches so that the one-time cost (setting up the
machines etc.) stays low.

In the long run, we assume that we can run larger batches to come
into some "continuously available mode". It feels like running
a steam engine at optimal efficiency :)

Nikolaus