I2C and GPS

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Wed Nov 23 23:06:25 CET 2011

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:20:16 -0500
Benjamin Deering <ben_deering at swissmail.org> wrote:

Hi Ben

Not sure this is relevent to you, but I now have the fastest GPS fix I've ever had on the freerunner.

QTMoko v35 and I put this in /etc/default/gpsd:-

START_DAEMON="true"
GPSD_OPTIONS=""
DEVICES="/dev/ttySAC1"
USBAUTO="false"
GPSD_SOCKET="/var/run/gpsd.sock"

Before doing this it was pretty poor - worse than earlier versions of qtmoko and much worse than every SHR I've tried. On a reasonably clear day I now reliably get a fix in under a minute, sometimes within a few seconds.

The only other varying factor (doubtful relevence) is that I got pissed with QTMoko and to a lesser extent SHR foobarring the SD card, so I'm now running from the card instead of NAND and everything is pretty good
--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org