U-Boot source versions

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Oct 5 18:31:24 CEST 2011

Gennady.Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com> wrote:

> I tried to fix few annoying bugs and using own u-boot version, you can
> find description here:
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/U-boot-gena2x

I think I have mis-expressed myself in my original post...  I am not
looking for a prebuilt binary, I want a source tree that I would then
compile myself.  That U-boot-gena2x wiki page contains a link to a
binary but no source - isn't that in violation of the GPL?

I would also prefer to stick to one of the branches in the u-boot.git
tree on git.openmoko.org, but my problem is that there are several to
choose from: I see good-looking branches named "stable", "zecke", "andy",
"mokopatches" and "willie".  What are the relative merits of these
branches?  *That* is the question I am looking for help with.

MS