QtMoko v36

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian.org
Mon Sep 26 15:13:15 CEST 2011

Hi Radek,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:09:06PM +0200, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
> QtMoko v36 is out. You can get if from here [1]. For more info check
> our homepage [2].
>
> This release is experimental and is based on Debian unstable (sid)
> because of Freesmarphone.org stack integration. FSO does not have
> packages for Debian squeeze.
>
> Here is list of changes from previous v35 version:
>
> * Choice to use Freesmarphone for phone calls, SMS, GPRS and SIM
> * Phone backend switching with QTOPIA_PHONE env. variable
> * NeoControl can switch between FSO/QtMoko phone backends
> * Fixed jpeg preview in appearence settings (Tiago Bortoletto Vaz)
> * New app qtmoko-chess which uses gnuchess as backend
> * Updated german translations (Carsten Gerlach)
> * Better gsmheadset alsa state (Giacomo Mariani)
> * NeoControl - simplified volume settings (Andrea Negri)
> * Added QPhysics - example for Box2D engine
> * Updated faenqomod theme (Joif)
> * Dont crash when bluetoothd is not working (Guilhem Bonnefille)
> * SSH server keys are generated on first boot
> * Straight dial if conact has just one number (Gennady Kupava)
> * Conact can now show phone number (Gennady Kupava)
> * Updated omhacks
> * Added script to auto format source code using gnu ident
> * QMplayer scans also for .flac files
> * qterminal can run commands and scripts

Nice bunch of updates! Thanks again for you efforts here.

> If you want to use FSO as backend, just make sure you have internet
> connection, launch NeoControl and check the "Use FSO" checkbox in
> "Modem settings". It will download and install all necessary.
>
> Currently i had to replace libfsogsm.so.0.0.0 with mine custom one,
> because the on in Debian does not show timestamps in SMS messages. The
> patch is commited in FSO git so i wonder if there is anyone who can
> upgrade FSO package in sid so that it uses current FSO git?

I didn't find this commit in http://git.freesmartphone.org/. I only see it at
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/1749ff797430a2ca3b936cce9c8b04cb44f7df6d.
Is that all? If so, I can help pushing it to Debian. If not, please send me the
full patch or file a report yourself to http://bugs.debian.org/fso-gsmd.

Best regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org