Liberated Calypso docs found

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Tue Sep 27 20:23:30 CEST 2011

Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:

> But why? All OM had were some loosy sources for the gpio (and such)
> init plus AT intepreter. No lower layers at all, only blobs. OsmocomBB
> is already doing _much more_, so those "original sources" would add
> nothing to it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought OsmocomBB still runs GSM
layers 2 and 3 on the external host, not on the Calypso itself, right?
And no in-call handover yet, no SMS yet, probably nothing even close to
deep sleep mode yet...  I would love to be proven wrong on this though.

Don't get me wrong, if a free-from-the-start fw stack like OsmocomBB
were to actually become 100% as usable as the original proprietary one,
I would very eagerly switch to it.  But if they aren't there yet, I
will *not* abstain from hacking TI's original code, assuming that I can
succeed in physically laying my hands on it, however illegal it may be.

I have just found out that apparently there used to be a Calypso-based
phone called TSM30, and apparently someone had leaked the complete C
source for it and put it up on SourceForge, where it stayed for years
before being taken down.  I can't find it any more.  Would anyone happen
to know of any place where it can still be found?  Would anyone happen
to have a copy they have downloaded?  If you can share it with me, I can
pay you for it with my own blood.  A-positive.

MS