Liberated Calypso docs found

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Wed Sep 28 21:01:55 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 18:23 +0000, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought OsmocomBB still runs GSM
> layers 2 and 3 on the external host, not on the Calypso itself, right?
> And no in-call handover yet, no SMS yet, probably nothing even close
> deep sleep mode yet...  I would love to be proven wrong on this
> though.
 * there was an abandoned port of nuttx, a microcontroller "OS"(better
call it executive environment). if you want a drop-in replacement it may
be the way to go, you would also need to write an AT interpreter...
 * you could try to cross compile it for running it on the ARM samsung
SOC...(did you try already to make a call with it? (you would need to
activate the transmit feature for that(activating that breaks the law
since you would need regulatory aproval, and it lacks it, consult a
lawyer for more information...), but since you don't care about the
law....)

Personally I think I'll go the legal way, with the GSM test license and
the USRP, but I'm not sure it's really needed in order to get nuttx
running on it, and I've not decided yet if I'll do it(since SHR needs
some love too).
Denis.