Liberated Calypso docs found

EdorFaus edorfaus at xepher.net
Thu Sep 29 05:13:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 09/27/2011 09:48 AM, Michael Sokolov wrote:
>     declare TI's copyright on the ware to be null and void in the USSR
>     jurisdiction;

I don't really want to get into this discussion, and what I have to say
probably won't sway anyone's thoughts anyway, but I couldn't help but
notice this seeming contradiction:

If the USSR no longer exists, which you yourself state as being a fact,
then wouldn't it also be true that it doesn't *have* any jurisdiction?
And if the jurisdiction does not exist, then whatever would be the case
in it if it did exist, doesn't really matter in the real world, since
you cannot actually be in that jurisdiction, right?

Or in other words, since one is supposed to follow the laws of the
jurisdiction one is actually in, one could only apply the null-and-void
law if one was physically in a jurisdiction where that law applied...
But if that means a USSR jurisdiction, and such a jurisdiction does not
exist, then that law cannot be applied, can it?

--
Regards,
Frode