QtMoko v44 for Freerunner now available

Tiago Bortoletto Vaz tiago at debian.org
Tue Apr 17 15:00:54 CEST 2012

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 02:23:47PM +0000, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi Freerunners,
> QtMoko v44 is now available also for your phone. You can get images from here
> [1] or you can upgrade existing system with simple:
>
> 	apt-get update
> 	apt-get upgrade
>
> There are not so many new features. Most of the work went to GTA04 HW
> adaptation, but still there is:
>
> * improved qmplayer
> * improved wifi GUI
> * support for oFono
> * some build and other fixes
>
> As the GTA04 HW adaptation is getting finished, there will be now again more
> of new features and fixes in future releases.
>
> I haven't tested this release much. I cant easily flash the ubi - so this is
> completely untested. If you find some regressions, please report.

Thanks Radek.

I've just noticed that there's a small issue with linux kernel dir name during
the upgrade:

After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up linux-image-2.6.34-qtmoko-gta02 (v44-1) ...
WARNING: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules/2.6.34-qtmoko: No such file or directory
FATAL: Could not open /lib/modules/2.6.34-qtmoko/modules.dep.temp for writing: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing linux-image-2.6.34-qtmoko-gta02 (--configure):
configured to not write apport reports
 linux-image-2.6.34-qtmoko-gta02
root at neo:~# uname -a
Linux neo 2.6.34-qtmoko #1 Tue Mar 29 19:36:17 UTC 2011 armv4tl GNU/Linux
root at neo:~# ls /lib/modules/
2.6.34-qtmoko-v34

I'm not sure which version I had in my freerunner before trying to update it to
v44. I'd suggest you to write next qtmoko version in /etc/issue{.net} files as
it's not a pure Debian chroot. So users will be able to easily identify which
is the current qtmoko version they have installed.

Regards,

  .''`.  Tiago Bortoletto Vaz                         GPG  :      1024D/A504FECA
 : :' :  http://tiagovaz.org                          XMPP : tiago at jabber.org
 `. `'   tiago at {tiagovaz,debian}.org               IRC  :       tiago at OFTC
   `-    Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal OS               http://www.debian.org