Discussion: what are your dreams for the Openmoko Community

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sun Apr 29 00:36:57 CEST 2012

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:39:15 +0200 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
wrote:

> Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> writes:
>
> > "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
> >> What would you like as future hardware? What to see in software
> >> distros?
> >
> > I'd like to have an open source calendar application, please :)
>
> "dates" ?

I hadn't heard of dates ... goes looking ...

Quite a nice clean interface, but not very finger friendly.
And it pops up multiple windows for entering events which doesn't work for me
on a small screen (and isn't my favourite interface even on a big screen).

Still: shouldn't be hard to write something with a similar interface - I like
the zooming idea - that doesn't have those problems.  Just need an ical
library and a widget library and a few lines of code to join them
together :-)

What is a good finger-friendly way to enter times?  My current toy (which
doesn't do ical) has 3 concentric circles of buttons for AM hours, PM hours
and 5-minutes - see attached (ugly jpeg because list thought my png was too
big).

It's not too bad but feels a little clumsy.

NeilBrown