QtMoko v46

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Fri Aug 3 22:34:28 CEST 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 15:00:10 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Thursday, August 02, 2012 04:59:55 AM NeilBrown wrote:
>
> > >   * downgraded to 3.2 kernel
> >
> > What from? and for what reason?
> > I'm finding 3.4 quite stable.  3.5 does seem to have some problems.
>
> From 3.4 - it was very slow - this is now probably fixed by your patches, but i
> already had the release done and tested with 3.2.
>
> For next release i plan 3.5 kernel.

My experiences with 3.5 include:

1/ The battery status sometimes doesn't read correctly and it reports '0'.
2/ Sometimes my sound playing program gets stuck waiting for the soundcard.
     This could be just be a problem with my program.
3/ The GPS auto-on-off didn't seem to work once.. which is odd as it works
     perfectly in all my testing.
     However my antenna seems to have problems as I cannot get a fix at all
     most time, though once I got one in 90 seconds.  Maybe I need to resolder
     something.

Not that I want to scare you off using it, but I always encourage testing,
and if you notice problem with any of these, you'll know it probably isn't
your faulty, and when you report it, that will increase my motivation to find
and fix the problem.

> > > [4]
> > >
> > > Jul 28 22:05:04 neo kernel: [  117.245361] [<c00122a8>]
> > > (unwind_backtrace+0x0/0xe0) from [<c00254cc>]
> > > (omap_dma_unlink_lch+0x6c/0x8c) Jul 28 22:05:04 neo kernel: [
> > > 117.255187] [<c00254cc>]
> > > (omap_dma_unlink_lch+0x6c/0x8c) from [<c032d7f0>]
> >
> > There should have been some lines before that which are important.
> > Possibly : omap_dma: You need to stop the DMA channels before unlinking
> > or       : omap_dma: trying to unlink non linked channels
> >
> > Also, is this the 3.2 kernel?  I assume so.
>
> Yup. The whole dmesg is attached.

Thanks.  And indeed you did include all of the message that is relevant.
Which is very strange as there are two places in omap_dm_unlink_lch which do
a stack dump, and each has a 'printk' immediately before.

Thanks,
NeilBrown