Upgrading SHR-CORE

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Sat Aug 25 21:59:45 CEST 2012

On 08/23/2012 04:12 PM, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have shr-core 2012.01 installed on my openmoko. I saw that new
> versions are available (2012.07 and "shr-core"). What is the upgrade
> process? "opkg upgrade" does not update my system.
>
> Thanks in advance,

To get newer SHR you will need to switch your feeds.  See here for more
info: *http://www.shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Stabilizing

*To switch to the bleeding edge:

sed -i 's#/shr-.*/ipk/#/shr-core-staging/latest/ipk/#g;' /etc/opkg/*-feed.conf

It may be too big of a jump to opkg upgrade.  If things go wrong and you have to reflash, keep track of your customization steps.  I made myself a script that does>90% of the work making things the way I like after a clean install.

Ben