battery with replaced protection circuit module

Dmitry Shalnoff shalnoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 05:38:48 CEST 2012

Hi colleagues,

I've got the idea to get the circuit form my old GTA2 battery and solder
it on the new LiPo (non original) battery to get back full functionality.

I've learned the circuit scheme and data-sheet
http://people.openmoko.org/tony_tu/GTA02/hardware/GTA02/CT-GTA02.pdf
and found that there are no special requirements concerning the battery
itself. S8211CAB-I6T1G data-sheet has nothing like this too.

The questions are:
1. is it possible theoretically replace body of the battery and resolder
the old protection board on it?
2. is anybody had this sort of experience ever?

thank you in advance for any hints.

Dmitry