[QtMoko] new apps, feedback

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 24 11:28:35 CET 2012

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 08:24:57 PM francesco.devita at mailoo.org wrote:

> Hi
> QtMoko v48 on GTA02 here, I tryed some of the new apps added to the
> QtMoko Apps page.
> The installation processes all failed with some errors about the
> dependencies, but it was sufficient to install them manually.
>
> Minitube does not work (but I do not expect that it works well on the
>
> GTA02), launching from Terminal:
>  > # ./opt/qtmoko/bin/minitube
>
>  > symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libphonon.so.4: undefined symbol:
> _ZN7QWidget16contextMenuEventEP17QcontextMenuEvent

Minitube needs complete Qt rebuild - it uses phonon and some widgets that are
not in v48.

> Pingus works but its launcher not:
>  > # ./opt/qtmoko/bin/pingus.sh
>  > Welcome to Pingus 0.7.2!
>  > [...]
>  > landscape mode
>  > SavegameManager: Parser problem: Couldn't open file
>
> '/home/root/egames.scm'.
>
>  > XOpenDisplay() failed
>  > Unable to initialize SDL_Mixer: no available audio device
>  > Pingus: Unknown throw caught!
>
> To get it work properly I have to manually type in Terminal the lines in
> pingus.sh . But why?
>
> OpenTTD and ScummVM work.
>
> For all the games there is an issue in usability due to the low
> responsiveness of the system because of the landscape mode. Even in QX
> [1], in non landscape mode, the games work better. This is an old
> problem of QtMoko on the GTA02, I don't know on GTA04.

I am now building recent QtMoko for Freerunner and we will see how it works.
GTA04 can handle rotation quite ok, but i am afraid GTA02 will be slow. But we
will see...

> Also, since v48 fbreader does not work properly. I mean, like pingus it
> seems it is its launcher, because if I type "FBReader" in Terminal it
> works, otherwise using its launcher the application appears for a second
> and then it disappears. But for this test I updated fbreader from the
> wheezy repos.

I will take a look at the fbreader later - i have workaround for now, but
maybe the real fix will be better.

Regards

Radek