OM as car navigation

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Mon Feb 27 19:40:54 CET 2012

On 27.02.2012 19:27, Frank wrote:
> Am 27.02.2012 17:21, schrieb Guilhem Bonnefille:
>> Hi,
>>
> ..
>> Do you know what operating system was used by Frank Jaeger?
>>

> Hallo Guilhem,
>  it's a QTmoko v38.
>
> I startet with v35 and navit in QX-mode.
>
> Now navit can be installed very confortable "as App" from
>   http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/apps/category-gps.html
> using the browser.
>
> But navit didn't get the actual gps-position.
> Also after upgrading to v37 and v39 and several attempts to configure
> the  gpsd-"vehicle" in
>   /home/root/.navit/navit.xml   [1]
>
> Finally I formatted my uSD-Card and unpacked a fresh QTmoko v38.
> But this didn't help me, too.
>
> Last weekend I started a new attemp and get navit to work!
> I was so happy that i postet ist on Despora.de and FB.
>
> I don't really know, what the reason was.
> I think it was a missing device in the gpsd-configuration.
>
> Other GPS-Apps worked well - but not navit.
> Maybe they use the gps-device without gpsd?
>
> I had to run
> $ dpkg-reconfigure gpsd
> and set device to "/dev/ttySAV1"
>
> Is gpsd for gta02 shipped with empty device-entry in .conf?
>

> [1] https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/issues/23

Most statements on the blog are totaly wrong! I use my neo with navit
since I have purchased my neo last autumn! You have to set the correct
device for gpsd once. Then You have to install festival-lite with apt
and by configuring navit-config file in home dir of user. that is it! So
speech output is working, ok english, so You have to set up the
environment variable correct. I did not, because is not so importent for
me. Then navit is usable by using the "QX-way". Radek's new QX-less
version, I have not tested until now. But seems to make it a little bit
easier. So install festival, configure navit correct and it will work....

--
Regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt