How to bring forward the community?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Mon Feb 27 23:36:50 CET 2012

rhn <omcomali.rhn at porcupinefactory.org> writes:

> Having an easy way to build and share programs (without the need of an
> entire distribution checkout like SHR needed if I remember right)
> would also help. Native compilation perhaps?

FWIW, native compilation has always been possible on the GTA02, at least
under Debian.  Admittedly it was sometimes painfully slow - depending on
what I was compiling - but nevertheless definitely possible.

On the GTA04 it is quite straightforward and quick to compile things.
I'm doing it all the time.

Regards,
      Neil