How to bring forward the community?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 28 09:42:23 CET 2012

Am 28.02.2012 um 09:07 schrieb openmoko at pulster.de (Christoph Pulster):

>> what you think would bring forward the Openmoko community
>
> Hardware: One-man-show Nikolaus
> Software: One-man-show Radek

Well, there are more People behind (e.g. Neil, Lukas, Christoph, Rene, ...), but...

> I am praying each night, that both of you fasten your seatbelt daily.
> Instead a participating community we converted to simple consumers
> waiting for news and order buttons. We dont need new features, but a new
> spirit first hand. Poor pre-order numbers of GTA04 proove this.

... Yes, I think your observation is right.

But where has the general Spirit gone? Is this indicating that partially Open source has won? Or cheap devices built in China are the most important? Or is it lack of spare time? Or are we just watching how iAndroid is dominating the world?

What would we need to get New Spirit into our Community?

Nikolaus