How to bring forward the community?

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:35:50 CET 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 12:12, Christoph Pulster <openmoko at pulster.de> wrote:
>> What would we need to get New Spirit into our Community?
>
> We need courage bashing Apple and Android as the evil, sucking our datas
> and brains. Giving as the feeling of heros, only left free human beings,
> victors of Goliaths.

> A new platine is not enough, even with zillions of features included.
> We need a story together with it. We need a myth.

Perhaps we could start a new myth!

The OLPC hardware has the possibility to make a mesh network. Can we
do the same? Can we build a mobile Internet, perhaps using store and
forward? Since the Internet is being broken down, we need a new one.

Once upon a time, there were BBS-es that created networks using
store-and-forward (anyone recall the name?). Also, 27Mc networks were
built using the same techniques. We should do the same using BT and
WiFi! F*ck the Mafiaa!

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0