How to bring forward the community?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Feb 29 07:55:05 CET 2012

Am 28.02.2012 um 12:12 schrieb Christoph Pulster:

>> What would we need to get New Spirit into our Community?
>
> We need courage bashing Apple and Android as the evil, sucking our datas
> and brains. Giving as the feeling of heros, only left free human beings,
> victors of Goliaths.
>
> The aestethics of home-brewn projects is disattracting even geeks
> nowadays. Openmoko Inc. did quite a good job here, hiding all the tech
> stuff in beta-status under a stylish mobile idea, calling it a mixture
> of revolution and art.
>
> A new platine is not enough, even with zillions of features included.
> We need a story together with it. We need a myth.

Hi Christoph,
after sleeping a night (and fastening my seat belts as every morning),
I think you have hit the key point:

we get sportive spirit by competition.

So the question is, with whom we (this community) are competing?

E.g.
* QtMoko & SHR vs. Android & iOS & Win Mobile etc.!
* GTA04's flexibility and hw-modifiability vs. any commercial device!
* the art of self modifiable 3D-printed case vs. take what you get!

etc.

So let's start/continue/speed up competing against the rest of the world :)

Nikolaus