[Gta04-owner] How to bring forward the community?

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Feb 29 23:56:00 CET 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:38:23 +0000 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>
wrote:

> For me, the fun is in trying to put bits of software together to make a
> useful and interesting phone/gadget, and in understanding (up to a
> point) how it all works.

"Me too".

It isn't about being better than Android, or free from being spied on or free
to choose, though all of that is valuable.

It is about having a toy to play with and to learn from - one that I can
actually use as well so there are concrete outcomes from my efforts.

That last bit is important.  I cannot imagine myself buying a nano-note or a
Spark because I cannot imagine what I would ever really use them.  Without 3G
the mobility is almost irrelevant to me, so the small size becomes just an
inconvenience.

NeilBrown