ubifs/NAND problem?

Ivan Matveev imatveev13 at nm.ru
Sun Jan 15 21:56:04 CET 2012

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:10:11 +0100
Boudewijn <wankelwankel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I have problems with NAND, it seems, but I don't know how to
> troubleshoot it.
>
> For a while I have been unable to boot SHR from NAND, but since I had
> another install on uSD, it didn't really matter. Lately I wanted to
> move to NAND anyway, to free up the relatively fast uSD for my
> Phoenux.
>
> The Freerunner still won't boot from NAND though. I reflashed with
> SHR-core (and SHR's ubi-qi), to no avail. After that I flashed QtMoko
> v35 (and QtMoko's qi v35). No better result either. (For a moment I
> thought the MD5 sum was incorrect, downloaded again and flashed, but
> it turned out Sourceforge hid part of the sum when there's no
> mouseover).

Hi Boudewijn,
I had a similar problem, couldn't boot anything from NAND(qi or uboot
the same). Jffs worked fine.
While trying different UBIFS distributions I have accidently flashed
kernel to where bootloader should be. Reflashed everything as it should
be, and the phone started to boot from NAND.
The distrib was QtMoko v35.
I think there could be some wrong data or bad blocks somewhere that
were erased by flashing kernel to the wrong place. Or some bug was fixed
in qi or kernel. Cant check.