[Gta04-owner] Openmoko Community Survey 2011 ? Results

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Jan 17 12:16:31 CET 2012

El día Tuesday, January 17, 2012 a las 11:49:00AM +0100, Christoph Pulster escribió:

> > A lot of people gave up and do not want Openmoko phone anymore.
>
> The marketing of Openmoko Inc. failed. It was a short-sighted idee to
> push the news with "first open source mobile" / "free your phone".
> It resulted in c. 15000 sold units, which is no success story in the
> long term. Besides it was never a ready-to-use mobile phone for everyday
> use. Even some Linux-die-for-geeks closed their drawers to store the
> Freerunner into it.

-1 (note: minus 1)

Since I got the FR some years ago, I used it with Om2008.9 and now with
SHR as my one and only and daily phone;

well, maybe because I'm not a Linux-die-for-geek, but a FreeBSD-die-for-geek
:-)

I will now buy the GTA04, once I get the offer requested :-)

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
e <guru at unixarea.de> - w http://www.unixarea.de/