[OT] HP contributes webOS software to the open source community

urodelo urodelomutante at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 18:18:55 CET 2012

Here's HP's full schedule for open-sourcing webOS:
January: Enyo 2.0 and Enyo source code; Apache License, Version 2.0
February: Intended project governance model; QT WebKit extensions;
JavaScript core; UI Enyo widgets
March: Linux standard kernel; Graphics extensions EGL; LevelDB; USB
extensions
April: Ares 2.0; Enyo 2.1; Node services
July: System manager (“Luna”); System manager bus; Core applications; Enyo
2.2
August: Build release model; Open webOS Beta
September: Open webOS 1.0

(source:
http://news.yahoo.com/hps-plan-open-source-webos-whats-taking-long-213125225.html)

urodelo

On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:17:31 +0100, Poul Kristensen <bcc5226 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my point of view it is about time HP is contributing to the
> opensource community.
> For several years and still do  they have only supported M$ especially
> in their datacenters. HP even
> call you be phone asking you to migrate from open source to "another"
> platform (read M$).
> Believe me I have been called!
> HP uses a lot of opensource in their apps. especially Postgresql, so
> it's about time!!
>
> Poul
> *Nix Sysadm.
>
> 2011/12/12 Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org>:
>>> For me SHR or QTMoko should takes the card metaphor idea. It is really
>>> THE
>>> thing for me + the gesture handling, and both can be taken.
>>
>>> I personally would love to be able to adapt these in Enlightenment.
>>
>> It's already done in elfe but requires a 24 or 32bit framebuffer.
>> *)enable elfe and disable illume-home
>> *)enable compositing
>> *)bind the key for switching to the card mode
>> *)press that key
>>
>> Denis.

用斯斯!