[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v38 for GTA04 with suspend and GSM calls

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jan 31 20:55:42 CET 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:00:13 +0100 "Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli"
<GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:

> hi,
> how did you get suspend working reliabily?
> personally I've that:
> [  406.115966] platform l3_main.0: LATE power domain suspend
> [  406.121612] platform iva.0: LATE power domain suspend
> [  406.126892] platform mpu.0: LATE power domain suspend
> [  406.132171] omap_l3_smx omap_l3_smx.0: LATE power domain suspend
> [  406.138458] reg-dummy reg-dummy: LATE suspend
> [  406.143035] PM: late suspend of devices complete after 682.739 msecs
> [  406.149688] Checking wakeup interrupts
> [  406.876373] Successfully put all powerdomains to target state
> [  406.882507] reg-dummy reg-dummy: EARLY resume
> [  406.887115] omap_l3_smx omap_l3_smx.0: EARLY power domain resume
> [  406.893402] platform mpu.0: EARLY power domain resume
> [  406.898681] platform iva.0: EARLY power domain resume
> [  406.903961] platform l3_main.0: EARLY power domain resume
>
> Should the userspace suspend/resume work in a way that is similar to
> android(but in userspace):
> The display would be powered off etc and the phone would try to suspend all
> the time and would fully resume when he get a good reason to do so(like a
> phone call or an user pressing the resume button).
=

There are lots of things that can wake up the phone.
So are:
 - 3G chip signalling that something important happened
 - character arriving on a UART (from console, bluetooth, GPS)
 - power button, aux button, screen tap
 - USB plugged in/out

Your wakeup happened 626 milliseconds after it went to sleep.

Was the GPS chip on?  That would do it (it reports every second I think).
If so, you need to turn it off or tell it to stop reporting when you go
into suspend mode (or generally when you don't care what it is saying).

Of course it might be something else...

Hope this helps.

NeilBrown