[Gta04-owner] New Phoronix article on Gta04

Alishams Hassam alishams.hassam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 09:01:45 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net> wrote:
> I wouldn't worry too much about Phoronix.  Their reporting is always
> sub-par.  And moveover, people know their reporting is sub-par.  They
> seem to be like a tabloid newspaper: they're not so concerned about the
> accuracy of their reporting so long as you read the site.  They'll quite
> happily publish deliberately inflammatory articles to boost their
> readership.

I agree that certainly there articles that are shit. However they also
have many good articles and many examples of exemplary reporting. In
this case, I would say the article is sub-par, however it is just as
much our fault as Phoronix's. My goal with collecting these 'good
reasons' is that when future articles are published, the writer won't
have to dig through the mailing lists and bug developers for good
points. Perhaps the writer tried and those are the best that could be
found. Perhaps the writer didn't do enough research; however with the
very low amount of press coverage the GTA04 has received, we need to
make it easier for those who want to write about it.

If Phoronix publishes another article bashing the GTA04 after we have
made our case easy to represent, I will agree with your conclusion ;)