[Gta04-owner] New Phoronix article on Gta04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 4 10:52:33 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 05:06:30 AM Alishams Hassam wrote:

> Maybe we can put up a 'feature list' of good points that reporters
> like him can use when writing articles on the GTA04. Please add them
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Marketing_GTA04#Good_reasons_to_purchase_a_G
> TA04 or reply to this thread and I will add them to the page at the end of
> the week.

I think this is nice idea, but i am afraid noone will find this page.

Nicolaus: can we have link straight on gta04.org?

I think having good reasons listed somewhere visible is needed, because on
mailing lists are discussed mainly problems.

> To get the ball rolling I have:
>
> * Run qtmoko, SHR, Debian fully supported
> * Made in Germany under proper working conditions.

Here are mine:

* no online accounts and registration required
* offline gps navigation and dictionaries
* all applications are free and open source
* fast processor and big RAM is not needed - we have fast non bloated software
* long term support - freerunner is after 4 years still actively supported
phone
* gta04 kernel is exceptionally good - most of drivers are in mainline kernel
and gta04 kernels are updated with every linux release

Regards

Radek