[Wikireader] project gutenberg - was: updates not working?

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Sun Jul 8 02:37:12 CEST 2012

On 07/07/2012 04:28 PM, Alexander Lehner wrote:

> Gutenberg WikiReader files seem to got lost completely.
>
> http://dev.thewikireader.com/2010/06/26/project-gutenberg/
>
> Sad - I liked that one.
> Any chance, to get it updated?
>
> A.

The links on that particular page don't seem to work any more.  But the
most recent versions (from 2010) of Project Gutenberg are still
available.  The English-language version is listed on

http://dev.thewikireader.com/language-packs/

but the German-language version isn't listed there.

However, I looked around a bit and found:

http://wrmlbeta.s3.amazonaws.com/deguten-20100608.7z.001

To find that file, I just downloaded the XML file at:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wrmlbeta/

That XML file seems to contain the names of all the files shown on the
language packs page, plus some other ones.  I found the deguten file
listed there.

You shouldn't need the old Gutenberg-specific base file shown on that
blog page.  The latest generic base file (20120620) from the language
packs page should work fine.