Money makes the world go round? Yes: new paid developer program for OpenPhoenux/Goldelico

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 11 08:52:08 CEST 2012

Am 10.07.2012 um 16:33 schrieb rakshat hooja:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 01:14:26 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > The idea is that there is a mailing list where we (the project
> > leading team) propose subtasks needing development
> > (e.g. camera driver, bug fixing etc.) and interested
> > developers can also make proposals what they could offer.
>

> We did something similar for the freerunner with cofundus. I can't seem to fing the website now. Maybe it wound down. I guess a wiki page with bounty offers would serve a similar purpose.

We did have that, but IMHO failed. To my surprise there were more offers
for bounties (even free GTA04 boards) than developers willing to do
something. Maybe a bounty of 50/100 bucks doesn't attract anyone these
days? Therefore, we now start the other way round. Find people first
who generally want to work for the projects. This is what the developer
network is for.

So if you know anyone who wants to do software (or maybe
some hardware) development, please invite them subscribe to
the developer-network list. So that we can contact them directly
when we need them (sending an e-mail through a list is better
than just posting on a wiki and waiting for people to walk by).

And they can say what the conditions are, that they really commit
themselves to do something. This all has the positive side-effect
that we get more developers from outside interested in this community.

Nikolaus