Learning from Apple...

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 12 12:18:22 CEST 2012

Am 12.06.2012 um 12:03 schrieb Alessandro Iurlano:

> Hi all
>
> There is this cool site that could help in raising some funds:
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/

Hi,
yes this is going through the press every now and then with highlighting
some very successful projects. But usually the 1000 not so successful
projects are not mentioned. Generally the barriers are very high.

So we have our own, more direct mechanism:

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%3ADonation

Well, kickstarter can be used not only as a fundraising platform but
also as a marketing tool to make projects better known. But this needs
very good preparation so that it is successful. If someone wants to
step in, please let me know.

Nikolaus