ideas for a personal cluster with gta04

robin spielraum at web.de
Fri Jun 15 13:26:56 CEST 2012

hi,

I had seen that they also provide an online api, though as far as I understand
for each cell that your phone sees it you can get the gps data of the cell. So
now you have eg the coordinates and signal strengths from 4 cells how do you
calculate where you are. Is there a function for the have fast the signal de-
creases in regards to your distance to the cell? are all cells signaling with
the same signal strenght / amount of energy? The android/iphone gsm lokating
mechanism works very accurate, but I have no idea how they do it.

best regards

robin