ideas for a personal cluster with gta04

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Sun Jun 17 15:43:47 CEST 2012

Hi,

for a given cell, it gives you the average position of the cell
coverage, based on where it has been "seen" by openbmap logs.

I am not sure if the signal strength is being used in computing that
position. You should ask on the openbmap website, as I have not worked
very much on the algorithm.

Nevertheless what I know is that signal strength is very inaccurate,
because it is subject (a lot) to interferences (reflection, going
through material, etc.).

Onen

On 15/06/12 13:26, robin wrote:
> hi,
>
> I had seen that they also provide an online api, though as far as I understand
> for each cell that your phone sees it you can get the gps data of the cell. So
> now you have eg the coordinates and signal strengths from 4 cells how do you
> calculate where you are. Is there a function for the have fast the signal de-
> creases in regards to your distance to the cell? are all cells signaling with
> the same signal strenght / amount of energy? The android/iphone gsm lokating
> mechanism works very accurate, but I have no idea how they do it.
>
> best regards
>
> robin

Onen