where to put new community Qtmoko keyboards

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jun 26 10:12:34 CEST 2012

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 09:28:41 AM robin wrote:

> hi radek,
>
> how difficult is it to package the keyboards. maybe I could try to do it
> myself. I am on opensuse though, but I could install debian in a virtual
> box, if that would make it easier to have all packages for deb creation
> at hand.

Hi Robin,
it's quite easy. On debian/ubuntu:

1/ make directory structure in some temporary dir as following:

	mkdir -p mykbd/debian
	mkdir -p mykbd/opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkb/
	cp your_layout.svg mykbd/opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkb/
	cp control mykbd/debian

control is debian control file - it should have content like this:

Package: mykbd
Version: 45-1
Architecture: all
Maintainer: Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>
Installed-Size: 28
Section: misc

2/ pack it up and you should have mykbd.deb:

	dpkg -b mykbd

Creating deb packages from directory structure is quite well described here:

	http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-debpkg/index.html

Regards

Radek