How to back up your qtmoko properly?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jun 27 09:21:09 CEST 2012

Am 27.06.2012 um 08:09 schrieb robin:

> hi,
>
> thanks. that did the trick. I added some info to the qtmoko manual if anyone
> should also need this in the future.
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/QtMoko#Data_Safety_.2F_Boot_Errors

Another trick:
to find out the mount point/partition without mounting:

cat /proc/partitions

> Does anyone know what bytesize one can transfer savely through the usb1?

Hm. I don't get the question. A byte is always 8 bit. And you can continuously transfer bytes over usb1 until end of life...

> And if anyone has more suggestions on how to properly backup qtmoko please
> let me know so I can put it on the wiki page.

I think there is no real sync solution to sync with a desktop or some cloud.
I.e. some "save/sync all my files/updates at http://somewhere" application.

Well, rsync - properly configured - could be the backend.

These did exist even in Zaurus ages but IMHO have not been maintained well.