[Gta04-owner] GTA04-Custom: EAGLE schematics and board file blueprint for developing expansion/adapter boards

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at sharism.cc
Thu Mar 1 13:14:26 CET 2012

> At least two years ago when I was trying to find software that can open
> EAGLE files for Arduino boards I could not find any free software to do
> that. Maybe all the major CAD tools are non-free?

The two major professional and free EDA tools for PCBs are

1. KiCad http://kicad.sourceforge.net
2. gEDA http://www.geda-project.org

There are many other related tools like Qucs (simulation), boom
(sourcing), and so on. For a good overview I recommend the Fedora
Electronic Lab, see http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/#portfolio

Or join the Qi Hardware planet at http://en.qi-hardware.com/planet
which has a focus on free tools.
Cheers,