what to with 02 when upgrading to 04? was: Re: How to bring forward the community?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sat Mar 3 23:18:35 CET 2012

well, that's certainly an idea that didn'zt occur to me.
but wouldn't support those reactionaries somehow defy the purpose of the
GTA04 movement? ;-) otoh, if there's sufficient demand it could offer
another source of funding.

but if nikolaus is ok with that (re-stocking the used GTA02 boards, that
is :-), that's certainly solution.
two questions though:

- what's so hackable about the calypso fw? as far as i recall, it was a
major afford to get an updated fw and make it flashable. and how much less
hackable is the new gsm chip's fw?
- nikolaus: what about future fw updates for those closed parts like the
gsm chip? not just new features but simple bug fixes?