what to with 02 when upgrading to 04? was: Re: How to bring forward the community?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Mar 5 21:59:00 CET 2012

> I think there are several options. If you keep the display, you have a
> nice GUI device for experimentation with WLAN, Bluetooth, USB. And, the
> SPI/I2C interfaces are accessible on test points near the debug
> connector.

well, i am no hardware guy, but just a humble application programmer.

> So a dismantled GTA02 is still a nice SoC-Evaluation kit. Could be
> donated to educational institutions, used in home control, make some
> funny digital photo frame, make it a wireless NAS server (well, a disk
> drive on USB1.0 is a little slow).
>
> Or you keep the GTA02 as it is and wait until we have the CaseKit
> finished (which is not very far away).

how much would that be? i imagine, CaseKit + display + GTA04 board adds up
to about the 750 € for a complete GTA04, wouldn't it?
and anyway, i don't think, i would have much use for the GTA02, board or
complete, once i got an GTA04.

if nobody turns up with a good idea why s/he would need the board -- is it
an option for you, Nikolaus, to keep the board once i send in the GTA02 to
be made into a GTA04?