what to with 02 when upgrading to 04? was: Re: How to bring forward the community?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Mon Mar 5 22:06:53 CET 2012

my idea of a donation was in the first place to get us nearer, my god to
thee .. ehm .. nearer the 350 units required.
ie in the first place to help people who can't afford the full price,
since it would mean the most value for every euro donated.
if that proves not feasible, the second best solution would to pay for
units not (yet) sold -- and maybe give those away to developers.

reducing the group tour price is not an option for me -- and certainly not
without all 350 units being sold. and even then i'd donate to fund project
infrastructure

as proposed, the least effort would be applications for such donations
would be brought forth on these lists -- then we could decide, who
recieves a donation and how to proceed to make sure, it really is used to
order a GTA04.